Eaten Alive is the 15th solo album by Diana Ross. The album was released on September 24, 1985 by RCA Records.
The album was primarily conceived by Barry Gibb (who had co-written and co-produced successful albums for Barbra Streisand, Dionne Warwick and Kenny Rogers) earlier that decade.
Most of the tracks were co-written by Barry Gibb and at least one of his other siblings even though some were written by all members of the Bee Gees.
- I'm Watching You (3:50)
- Love on the Line (4:19)
- (I Love) Being in Love With You (4:31)
- Crime of Passion (3:31)
- Don't Give Up On Each Other (3:45)
"Eaten Alive" was released on the RCA label in the United States where it was deemed a commercial failure, selling less than 300,000 copies.
The album peaked at #45 on the Billboard 200 and #27 on Billboard's R&B Albums chart.
It fared better internationally as an EMI (which is co-founded by RCA) label release to which Diana had been signed directly since 1981 (though her relationship with EMI dates back to the beginning of her international career since they distributed Motown releases).
- John J. Barnes - keyboards
- George Bitzer - keyboards, synthesizer, piano
- Nathan East - bass
- Don Felder - guitar
- Michael Fisher - percussion
- Stephen Gadd - drums
- Albhy Galuten - synthesizer, arranger
- Gary E. Grant - horn
- Jerry Hey - horn
- James Newton Howard - keyboards, synthesizer
- Kim S. Hutchcroft - saxophone
- Paul Leim - drums
- Greg Phillinganes - synthesizer
- Bill Reichenbach Jr. (credited as Bill Reichenbach) - horn
- Tom Scott - saxophone
- George Terry - guitar
- Larry Williams - keyboard
- Diana Ross - lead vocals
- Barry Gibb - backing vocals, guitar, arranger
- Michael Jackson - backing vocals on "Eaten Alive"
- Bruce Albertine - backing vocals
- Myrna Matthews - backing vocals
- Marti McCall - backing vocals